Tours and Shadowing
Learn the process of conducting laboratory testing and delivering results that contribute to a patient diagnosis.
Student tours are available (ages 16 or older) on a quarterly basis and last approximately one hour.
Upcoming tours scheduled between 10 a.m. – 12 noon:
- Wednesday November 6, 2024
- Wednesday February 7, 2024
- Wednesday April 10, 2024
- Wednesday July 10, 2024
Tours may also be scheduled by appointment: Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., at our 794 Roble Road, Allentown PA facility.
Student shadowing is available (age 18 or older), Monday through Friday in four-to-six-hour increments during the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., based on department and location availability. Observe working technicians and technologists as they use various equipment and methods to produce laboratory test results. Shadowing exposes students to clinical environments in the areas of microbiology, molecular biology, hematology, chemistry, immunology, cytology, histology, and pathology.
Student shadowing requirements:
- Copy of COVID vaccination documentation.
- Copy of Hepatitis B vaccination documentation.
- Signed HNL Lab Medicine confidentiality form – this form will be emailed to you along with confirmation of your shadowing date.
Fill out the form below to request a tour or a shadow experience.