Shipping a patient specimen makes for precious cargo.
We’ve compiled a list of details to make your shipping experience as easy as possible.
For all inherited genetic testing, please ship your samples to:HNL Genomics
6575 Snowdrift Road, Suite 106
For all Cytogenetic, Molecular Oncology, NIPS, or Carrier Screening Testing, please ship your samples to:HNL Genomics
794 Roble Road
Allentown, PA 18109
For additional shipping information, view the requisition form for your specific test.
- A requisition form must accompany all specimens. If specimens for more than one individual are being shipped together, please include a requisition form for each specimen.
- Inherited Genomics – Full Menu Test Requisition Form
- NIPS and Carrier Screening Requisition Form
- Cytogenetics and Molecular Oncology Test Requisition Form
- All specimens and Requisition Forms must be clearly marked with at least two patient identifiers (for example, patient name and date of birth).
- A packing slip detailing the contents of your shipment should be included with each package sent.
What Carrier Should I use?
Shipping patient specimen via express carrier (such as FedEx, UPS or DHL) is recommended. In addition to rapid delivery, express carriers provide package tracking.
How should I package my specimen?
All specimens should be appropriately packaged to avoid crushing, breaking, or leaking and should be sent in the commercial packaging available from the selected express carrier.
Please follow all applicable regulations and guidelines for shipping of specimens for medical testing.
Shipping from Outside the United States:
Genomic DNA should be submitted for all overseas shipments (outside of the United States, Canada, or Mexico). Blood or cultured cells may not survive transit and have a greater probability of being held either in the country of origin or in U.S. customs.
Molecular Oncology and Cytogenetics: Specimens can be accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Please do NOT send specimens for weekend or U.S. holiday delivery. The Inherited Genetics division accepts shipments only on regular business days.